- Shipping, Return & Cancellation Policies
Shipping, Return & Cancellation Policies
USPS Shipping Information
The United States Postal Service [USPS] is used to ship FOB from Los Angeles. This means, once the USPS has possession of your package, only USPS is responsible for delivery delays, non-delivery notices or lost packages because only USPS has possession and control of the package.
2017 PRICING FOR PERSONALIZED PENCILS NOW INCLUDES STANDARD SHIPPING
- USPS Tracking Number & Insurance - Every order ships with a USPS tracking number & insurance, and this information will be emailed to you after the order ships. It is the Customer's responsibility to check his or her email account's SPAM box for emails from Explicitly Yours™.
- Signature for Delivery is required on all order over $150
Lost Package Claims - USPS requires 30 days from the shipping date to pass before a USPS insurance claim can be filed for non-delivered/lost packages.
If the online USPS tracking indicates the package was delivered, then Customers are responsible for filing the USPS insurance claim online using their order receipt and the tracking number provided, since we cannot file a potentially fraudulent claim.
But if the online USPS tracking indicates the package is lost and never was delivered, then Explicitly Yours will file the insurance claim on behalf of the customer.
Shipping speeds available:
USPS First Class for 1-2 dozen orders only
Typically takes up to 5 mailing days but this is not date guaranteed delivery. USPS has 30 days to deliver before an insurance claim for a lost package can be filed. Neither USPS nor Explicitly Yours will pay for delivery delay within that 30 day window of time.
USPS Priority for orders exceeding 2 dozen pencils
Typically takes 2-4 mailing days but this is not date guaranteed delivery. USPS has 30 days to deliver before an insurance claim for a lost package can be filed. Neither USPS nor Explicitly Yours will pay for delivery delay within that 30 day window of time.
USPS Priority Express - date guaranteed delivery
Expedited 1-3 mailing day date guaranteed delivery, depending on your zip code is available for an additional fee. USPS will refund the actual cost (does not include the handling fee charged by Explicitly Yours) of shipping if the date guaranteed delivery date is missed. Explicitly Yours retains the handling fee because we will be spending additional time filing the insurance claim on your behalf and following through to ensure you receive the actual shipping cost refund.
IF YOU TELL US YOU HAVE A MUST HAVE DELIVERY DATE:
- Then Priority Express shipping must be selected
- Rush Fees must be paid for the order to be accepted.
All Sales are Final. Custom printed, personalized pencils cannot be returned or changed because they are custom printed specifically for you at your request.
- However, if Explicitly Yours made a printing error, then the order will be reprinted at the top of the printing queue and shipped at our expense using the same speed of shipment paid for in the order. The original order will be reprinted as ordered without the error.
- Changes to a corrected order, such as a change in fonts, print color or pencil colors, style or brand, will incur a $12.99 fee.
- If the Customer will be unjustly enriched by keeping the first shipped order due to the quantity received, then we will require that the entire original order as shipped be returned to Explicitly Yours in the least expensive United States Postal Service (USPS) shipping method possible with a tracking number, but not registered, certified or Express Priority mail whose exorbitant and uncessesary cost will not be refunded. Upon receipt of the entire order the shipping fee will be returned. In other words, our mistake is not an opportunity for a bad faith windfall by the Customer.
- But if the Customer submitted any error, whether it be spelling or grammatical or anything else and the order was filled as submitted, then there will be no refund, discount, credit, replacement or reshipping at our expense. You'll need to resubmit a new error-free order at full retail price.
Cancellation Prior to the start of printing
Orders can be canceled via email to email@example.com prior to the start of printing. Once printing starts, which very well could be within minutes of the order being placed, then the order cannot be canceled or changed and there will be no refund. Emails are not checked once printing begins.
- Easy Order pencil orders cannot have substitutions. Use the Hexagonal Pencil link at the top of every webstore page to order pencils that you choose the font and print color.
Explicitly Yours will not accept orders under these conditions
This is not intended to be a complete list, but these are the most common problems leading to cancelation of orders:
- Wrong or multiple email address(es) submitted with the order.
- Multiple billing/responsible people indicated through both the order & subsequent email.
- A must or want have date communicated to us without both Rush Service AND USPS Priority Express - Date Guaranteed Delivery shipping selected.
- If a Customer wants to discuss details of the order via telephone rather than in writing as required.
- If past dealings with a customer indicate that current or future orders will be problematic.
- Customers who do not respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Customers who attempt to negotiate pricing.
- Shipping to a hotel or convention hall/
- Shipping to an APO/FPO or military base because it is always a problem with grossly delayed delivery, problems with inadequate and ineffective USPS tracking, and impatient customers.
- Careless or sloppy submission errors, for example, not reading or following the order instructions, submitting wrong zip codes or providing USPS undeliverable ship to addresses, greatly increase the odds of our making errors or packages not being delivered. We handle this by declining to accept those orders and refunding the payment in full. We wil not pay staff to read the order page to customers. Refunds can take 3-5 business days to show up in electronic accounts. It is the customer's responsibility to check their Spam box for our emails.
- Errors that fall into a category of the submission won't work well are handled differently. We will email recommended tweaks and hold the order for 48 hours while waiting for a customer response to our email. If no response is received in that time, the order will not be processed, declined, and payment in full refunded. Refunds can take 3-5 business days to show up in electronic accounts. Customers are responsible for checking their Spam box for our emails.