Please read the entire order page - keep scrolling down
Order a dozen hexagonal personalized pencils with personality! A wide selection of gorgeous 8pt fonts let you create unique messages on personalized pencils sold by the dozen starting with one dozen pencils. These are full-length, #2 lead, unsharpened, wood cased, painted pencils with ferrules and erasers are sold in sets of 12 pencils.
The Price Includes
- One, identical text line, printed once per pencil
- One font
- One metallic print color. Very strong contrast is easiest to read. Eg. Red pencils with white print. Black pencils with gold print. White works best on most pencil colors.
- Pencil color(s) that all work with the one, selected print color (mint pencils cannot have white print)
- The first text line can have approximately 27 characters including spaces and punctuation. M,m and W,w count as two characters each because they are double wide letters. Subsequent text lines must be shorter
For an Additional Fee
- Optional text line 2 - add $10 per dozen
- Optional text line 3 - add $10 per dozen (all text lines should be UPPERCASE LETTERS ONLY)
- Optional Extra Customization - add $12.99 per text line, per dozen. This requires advance email notice and an ok that it will be possible to print the proposed text. email@example.com
- White pencils with copper ferrules - add $9 per dozen. The golf pencils are approximately four inches long and can have up to three text lines. The price reflects the additional staff time needed to clean white pencils which show all dirt and blemishes. The price is not negotiable.
- Rush Service - to jump to the front of the printing queue and ship by the end of the next business day - add $9.99 per dozen. This fee, along with USPS Priority Express date guaranteed delivery, is required if the pencils must arrive by a specific date. No exceptions, no order will be accepted when a date is specified without Rush Service fees and USPS Priority Express date guaranteed delivery. Orders must be error-free at the time of submission to qualify for Rush Service. Every dozen in the order must pay rush service fees.
- Gift Pouch that holds up to two dozen pencils includes a small plastic pencil sharpener and gift bow- add $1.50
- Gift Box with ribbons and a bow that holds one dozen pencils - add $3.50 [order through the Gift Wrapping link above]
- Pencil Organizer Box - large, plastic holds up to approximately 4 dozen pencils - add $3.50 each
- . , ' ! ? & $ - + @ # / : : and some fonts have ( ) " *
- computer generated symbols, logos and punctuation combinations such as :) are not available
- Each font has its own punctuation available. Refer to the list below. Do not combine punctuation such as :) -your order will be rejected.
Orders submitted with punctuation that is not available for the selected font will be rejected with payment in full refunded. New error free orders must be submitted.
- Six, generic (non-script) ◆ Diamond Symbols are now available with any of the fonts listed on this page. For a generic ♥ Heart Symbol, see the larger print fonts.
- Dixon pencils should not have any punctuation
- Dates May 23, 2015 or 5.23.2015 work well, but 5-23-2015 or 05-23-2015 or 5/23/2015 or 05/23/2015 don't look good on pencils
- Use lowercase letters as sparingly as possible because they can be very small and difficult to read. We have removed the availability of some fonts' lowercase letters
- If you are selecting Dixon pencils and have text with lowercase letters than dip and rise, for example y and f which dip and rise, then it would be wise to select a font such as Kelsey or Freehand
- Fonts with thin lines (versus bold or medium fonts) need very strong contrast between the pencil and print color - which usually is white print. Bold & Medium fonts do not have this visibility issue
- Orders with multiple fonts will take an extra day or two to process.
- Select STRONG COLOR CONTRAST between pencils & print. Eg. red pencils with white print, yellow pencils with black print, red pencils with royal blue print, turquoise pencils with dark purple print
- Examples of weak color contrast: lavender pencils with light pink print, purple pencils with silver print, gold pencils with gold print, royal blue pencils with black print
- DELICATE FONTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR MULTIPLE TEXT LINE ORDERS.
Extra Customization Requests
If your text does not fit in the order form's text box then BEFORE placing an order, email a complete description of the project to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include all pertinent information so that we can make an informed decision on whether or not we are ready, willing or able to do the special print work. We need to know your exact expectations in order to meet them. An EXTRA fee per dozen will apply to the extra customization order and the box Extra Customization must be checked when the order is placed after we reach mutual agreement on the order. We need to know the proposed font, which pencil, quantity, whatever makes the customization extra and how we will know we've got it right. Start with a ONE dozen order. Keep in mind that there is a limit to the length that a text line can be. Shorter text lines are better on pencils, and we encourage the use of multiple text lines rather than one unusually long text line.
Diacritics - letters with punctuation above the letter are only available with the Larger Print - Helvetica - with diacritics. No font on this order page can print diacritics. Use of the font with diacritics is limited to text with diacritics.
Appear best on a pencil either with periods or spelled out. For example: 3.6.2015 or March 6, 2015
Logos, Emoticons & Emojis are not printable on small orders. :) prints distorted and is not available.
* If a font is not listed in the drop down menu or if the image shows lowercase letters but the drop down menu says UPPERCASE LETTERS ONLY, then either the lowercase letters or the entire font has been retired and is no longer available.
DIXON pencils can only have one line of text with no punctuation
Multiple Text Line Orders - Submit UPPERCASE LETTERS ONLY, ideally in the McKellar font for best results.
Can the selected font print your text? Check the chart
Fonts - Typical Size Print
|ARIAL||. , - & + # * ( ) /||! ' ? $ ; :||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|BERNHARD MEDIUM||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : #||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|BERNHARD MODERN BOLD||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||No|
|Bodoni Italic Ultra Bold||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : ◆||Both||yes|
|BROADWAY||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|Caslon Bold||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||Both||yes|
|Century Expanded||? $ ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||Both||Very Few|
|CENTURY OLDSTYLE||[ ] ( ) ? $ " . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|Century Schoolbook||? ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||Both||No|
|CENTURY SCHOOLBOOK ITALIC||" " . , ! & - ' ; : ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||No|
|COPPERPLATE BOLD ROUNDED||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : #||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|COPPERPLATE BOLD SQUARED||? $ " . , ! & - ' ; : #||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|Curlz Elegante||? $ « » . , ! & - ' ; :||Both||yes|
|DELLA ROBBIA||? $ ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|Freehand Script||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||Both||yes|
|Goudy Italic||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : ◆||Both||yes|
|Kelsey||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||Both||yes|
|MERIDEN||? $ [ ] ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|Palantino Italic||? $ ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : ◆||Both||No|
|ROMAN ENGRAVERS||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|SANS SERIF||? $ ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|SPARTAN BLACK||? $ * % ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|Spartan Medium||? $ * % ( ) . , ! & - ' " ; : # cent sign||Both||yes|
|STUDIO||$ * ( ) . , ! & - ' ; : #||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
|STYMIE MEDIUM||? $ . , ! & - ' ; : # ◆||UPPERCASE ONLY||yes|
- FONTS LISTED USING UPPERCASE LETTERS PRINT ONLY PRINT UPPERCASE LETTERS
- BERNHARD MEDIUM - ONLY AVAILABLE ON COPPER FERRULED PENCILS, NOT DIXON
- BROADWAY - ONLY AVAILABLE ON COPPER FERRULED PENCILS, NOT DIXON
- COPPERPLATE ROUNDED - ONLY AVAILABLE ON COPPER FERRULED PENCILS, NOT DIXON
- COPPERPLATE SQUARED - ONLY AVAILABLE ON COPPER FERRULED PENCILS, NOT DIXON